- Building Official
The Building Department ensures that new and remodel construction of residential and commercial buildings complies with the adopted building codes through plan review and on-site inspections. The department also ensures that residential rental properties comply with all safety and maintenance requirements.
The Building Department is responsible for:
- Enforcement of Property Maintenance Code
- Enforcement of Rental Inspection Program
- Enforcement of Sidewalk Inspection Program
- Issuing Building, Electrical, and Plumbing Permits
- Performing inspections
- Reviewing plans prior to construction
Duties of the Building Official
The building official serves as the zoning administrator and the administration liaison to the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Board of Adjustment.