- Building Official
- Building Permits
A building permit is required in Storm Lake for the following common projects:
- New buildings, dwellings
- Additions & Alterations- egress windows, remodeling with structural changes
- Demolition of all or part of a structure
- Moving structure
- Wood decks and porches (repairs and replacements)
- Garages and carports
- Interior remodeling involving drywall, moving and/or building of walls, altering windows and/or doors
- Driveways, sidewalks,patios
- Repair from fire or natural damages
A ROW permit is required when working in the city ROW, streets, alleys, parking or sidewalks.
Your project must be submitted in graphic form along with a complete application.
This list is not all inclusive. If you have any questions about whether your project requires a building permit, please call the Building Department at 712-732-8002 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday or contact us by email.
Electrical and Plumbing Permits
The following are some of the items that require an electrical, or plumbing permit:
- Changing, relocating, altering the electrical service entrance
- Rewiring house or commercial building
- Adding a new bath, changing locations of plumbing fixtures
- Gas piping
If you have any questions about whether your project requires a plumbing or electrical permit, please call the Building Department at 712-732-8002 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday or contact us by email.
- Building Permit Commercial and Residential Projects
- Hard Surface Permit: Driveways, Curb and Street Cuts, Patios, Sidewalks
- Sign Permit: New temporary and portable sign permits.
- Right of Way Permit
- Application to Move or Demolish Building
- Building Permit Application Roofing and Siding
- Fence Permit
- Tax Abatement Form
- Notice of Inspection to Hang in Rental
- Electrical Permit
- Zoning Ordinance Request
- Major Subdivision Request
- Conditional Use Request Form
- Variance Request Form
- Minor Subdivision Request